Mentors Program for the EKF-Fellows
In September 2019 the Else Kröner Forschungskolleg Cologne launched a high level mentoring program for its Fellows.
In order to allow critical external evaluation of individual projects and to foster the networking abilities of our fellows, we implemented an external mentoring program for our fellows. In essence, our fellows have the opportunity to approach eminent extramural scientists as external mentors. Our fellows have regular meetings with these external mentors (twice a year), where they present their data to receive critical feedback. These meetings are typically used to also receive career advice from the external mentors.
This was perceived as extremely helpful by our fellows of the first funding period, as discussions with external PIs frequently help to assess the own work through unbiased eyes. Given the success of this extramural mentoring program, we will continue to offer this to our fellows in the second funding period.
Fellow/Mentor Relations of the first funding period:
- Dr. Sven Borchmann & Prof. Dr. Ugur Sahin (Managing Director of Translational Oncology at the University Medical Center Mainz gGmbH (TRON))
- Dr. Ron Jachimowicz & Prof. Ivan Dikic (Director of the Institute of Biochemisty II, University of Frankfurt
- Dr. Sebastian Klein & Univ.-Prof. Prof. h.c. (Amity University, India) Dr.-Ing. Dorit Merhof (Professor, Chair of Image Processing, RWTH Aachen University)
- Dr. Jana Nätlitz & Prof. Dr. med. Dirk Schadendorf (Director of the Clinic for Dermatology, University Hospital Essen)
- Dr. Patrick Plum & PD Dr. Dr. med. Daniel Stange, (University Hospital Carl Gustav Carus at the Technical University of Dresden, Clinic and Polyclinic for Visceral, Thoracic and Vascular Surgery)
- Dr. Julian Puppe & Prof. Dr. Jos Jonkers (Head of Divivion of Molecular Pathology, NKI-AvL Amsterdam)
- Dr. Carolina Rosswog & Prof. Dr. Simone Fulda (Vice President for Research & Academic Infrastructure, Goethe University Frankfurt)